What David Thomas and Patrick Olsen Say About The New Clubman


Kicking Tires has always been a reliable source for me in terms of car information, news and updates. I even depend on the particular site every time I look for car parts. And just this morning, I was about to look for the best site where I can get the most durable Acura repair manuals and so I visited the site. But what I found out is that BMW will soon release the 2008 Mini Clubman.

Patrick Olsen from Cars.com describes the new car. He said, “The Clubman's extra space eases getting in and out of this little charmer. Access on the passenger side, with the suicide-door opening, was really easy, even for me (6-foot-1). The backseat in the model I was in were a very comfortable leather, and even with an adult in front of me my knees weren’t crunched. It wasn't like sitting in first class, of course, but it would be passable for short trips. My kids would definitely be more comfortable in this car than they were in the original Mini, where they found themselves cramped at the end of a two-hour trip.”

“The speedometer on the model I sat in was different from previous Minis I've driven; instead of a large dial, there's a red plastic piece that runs along the outside of the speedometer. In the center was a navigation screen with a joystick controller on the center console,” Olsen continues.

David Thomas, also from Kicking Tires, said, “I’m not the biggest Mini fan on staff, but I liked the Clubman. What I didn’t like were the rear doors, which are on extremely strong shocks. That means closing the rear hatch will take some effort. I’m hoping it was just a fault of the show floor models and not all Clubmans. The rear seats fold down easily from the back. The interior was better quality than the base Cooper, and an all-brown color scheme on one Clubman was especially snazzy. End result: Mini fans will rejoice. Me, I’d just take a regular hatchback.”


Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days